1. Identify what it is you are running around. Sometimes it makes me feel better to make a list of the things that are constantly stressing me out. I keep them and compare them to future lists. Do I have a lot of the same stresses? Are there any new ones? I stress a lot about things I don’t need to stress about, so it isn’t unusual for my lists to be super long. What I like to do is cross out the things I cannot control and the things that really have no bearing on me whatsoever. For me, seeing something visual helps me realize what is worth worrying about.
2. Sometimes it’s okay to be a little selfish—with your feelings! Sometimes you need to put yourself FIRST. Do what is best for YOU. Sometimes I have an issue with this because I try to put the feelings of others before my own, but there comes a point when you start to realize that you are truly the only person who can make you happy. So make sure you always do that first.
3. Sometimes you need to look at your past. How can you figure out what the issue is if you don’t look for it? But with saying that, remember not to live in the past. We can learn good lessons by looking at our past, but we do not learn anything by living in our past.
4. Don’t forget what you’re fighting for. Just because you want the battle to end, does not mean you should back down and give in. You are strong enough to overcome any battle given to you, don’t take the easy way out just because you are tired of fighting. Sometimes time takes time, and I know I have said that many different times, but it is true. Sometimes it takes time for us to get where we want to be. But if you put in a lot of effort you will get quicker results.
5. Change hurts sometimes… but it is far better than staying put somewhere you are not wanted. The amount of time spent wasted worrying about situations that you cannot change is crazy. If you are worrying about another person, quit it. First of all, you can’t change other people. When they want to change, they will…it is not your job to tell them when to. You will put yourself through more heartbreak trying to make them change than you will by just letting go. If you are worrying about a situation, quit it. It is out of your hands. Let life take its toll. You are exactly where you are supposed to be at this moment in time, let it be.
6. You are not a tree—if you don’t feel like you have a reason to be where you are, then move. You have the ability to take steps forward, take steps backwards, and the ability to stand still. It is your choice what you want to do with your ability. To me? Standing still gets old after awhile. If you sit on your butt for too long it will start to hurt, get up and make the change. If you go backwards, you will keep reliving what it is you are trying to get over. If you stay still, you will never know how beautiful it can be when you finally move forward. Don’t let someone who cares so little about your take up so much room in your mind. Also, don’t let a situation that you cannot control have so much control over your.
You are strong, now, stop talking about it and start being about it. Once your get over the hill, you will see all the beauty on the other side waiting for you. You should be so busy working on yourself and loving the life that you live that you have no time at all to be worrying about anything else. You are always going to have setbacks, letdowns, and unexpected events, but guess what… you actually can handle it all.
I’m not ending this post with a question. If you thought today wasn’t your day, you’re wrong. Today IS your day. Go kick some ass.