She has never been hurt before. For those who have been hurt before, it is understandable why you run… but even then you need to ask yourself if running is the right thing to do. How will you ever know, if you never try? You need to give chances because always running will get you nowhere. So as for Sami, she has not been hurt, so why does she run? Where is she going? Well, I have steps you take to help yourself from fleeing love.
1. Love yourself first. This is always number one, ALWAYS. If you don’t love yourself, you can’t love someone else. You need to find the beauty in yourself and learn to cherish that. You are all you need. Once you learn to become your own best friend first, everything else seems to fall into place. My mom told me before that the number one thing she wants for my sister and I is to be able to live on our own and not rely on others for our happiness. After all, waiting for someone else to make you happy is the best way to be sad, right?
2. Take it out, cry it out, laugh it out… GET IT OUT. Whatever you are feeling, find an outlet and release the energy. By bottling the emotions you are letting all the negative energy take over. Love is supposed to be a positive rollercoaster ride, but it can’t be that if you are not willing to let out how you feel. Stop holding back and let go of everything. Just let it out, feelings are natural. I can’t express that enough.
3. Have faith that you are making the right decision and make the decision to believe in yourself. Follow your intuition and believe in what you are doing. Love is a powerful thing, but it involves you believing first.
4. Think HAPPINESS. We always tend to think, “Well what if this happened…” and unfortunately that sentence always seems to end negatively. Yeah, there are so many different scenarios that COULD happen, and we could take many days to name them all… but who cares about what is going to happen tomorrow? Or even a week from tomorrow? That is out of our hands. The future is out of our hands. All you can do is let God do his work and sit back and ENJOY the ride. Stop worrying and let a greater power handle the work.
5. Understand that true love involves having fear. There is always a chance of falling flat on your face when falling in love, so it is normal to have some fear associated with love. But you can’t let that fear take over your mind, let your heart make the decision, not your mind.
6. It is OKAY to remember past loves. You should never regret a relationship you were in (obviously there are some exceptions to that statement, but you get the point). If you were in a relationship and it went sour, that’s okay, it taught you exactly what you don’t want. You learn more than you think you do throughout every single relationship you engage in. And why is that? Because it is teaching you how to be the best you can be for the relationship you have been waiting for.
There is no guide to love, you make story up as you go. Each and every love story is unique in it’s own way and I think that is what makes it so beautiful. You have the chance to write your own love story AND live it. To me, that is beautiful and something that is irreplaceable.
Why fall in love? It is complicated and at times it can get messy, but love is one of the most amazing feelings in the world. Sharing your entire soul with someone is an indescribable feeling. You should never be scared to do so. I read a quote one time that went along the lines of “I fall in love a bit with every person I meet.” And that is one of the most accurate quotes about my life ever. I honestly just love, love. I love sharing myself with others; I am not ashamed to admit that I give everyone I meet my whole self. Sometimes I fall, but each and every time, I go back for more. Love is worth the pain to me, the happiness it brings is far more important than the possible fall.
Stop running away.
Take the leap of faith and fall.