What makes me Kylie Grace Peters?
1. For starters, I have a bad obsession with Kansas University, pugs, One Direction, and singing.
2. You can always tell I am in a bad mood if I am not singing in to a song… or just singing a sentence to you (yeah I do that way too often).
3. I embarrass myself at least 5 times a day and it makes my face super red, but I just like to laugh it off. To me, it is better to embarrass yourself and get in a good laugh, than to not come out of your comfort zone a little.
4. I love love LOVE to cook and bake.
5. I can never make up my mind…. I am so wish washy on certain things.
6. Sometimes I do socially unacceptable things, but they make me happy so I do them anyways. Example: I wear tall, sometimes embarrassing socks to work on the daily and it bothers some people, but I still do it. They make ME happy, that is why I do it.
7. I feel all the energy of others around me and sometimes it overwhelms me.
8. I actually do learn from my mistakes. I try to really think about situations that I have been put through and I concentrate on the negative aspects, so I can make sure to do them differently in the future.
9. I am super forgetful… I am not proud of that one.
10. I am always on the go… I never take breaks.
11. I really enjoy working out.
12. I really wish that I were friends with Taylor Swift.
13. No really… I do sing WAYYYYY too much. I like to think I am basically a pop star but I am pretty much the farthest thing from it haha.
14. I can’t dance, at all (but I am always down to give it a try)… Although, I am probably the best car dancers you will ever meet.
15. I get really bad carsick, that is why I tend to drive everywhere myself.
16. A simple “Ky, I hope you have a great day” will truly make me have a great day. Which is why I tend to give others nice messages everyday. You never know who might need it.
17. If you tell me something positive, I will take it to heart and keep it there forever. If you tell me something negative, I will think you are either joking, and roll it off my back, or take it as constructive criticism, which I take well.
18. Going on long drives to nowhere and everywhere all at the same time is probably one of my favorite things.
19. I can count all my friends on one hand, and I like it that way.
20. I constantly talk to myself, and I laugh at myself a lot. I actually love laughing at myself.
21. I like my steak WELL DONE.
22. So, I would put that I have an obsession with Diet Coke, but I recently quit drinking it (I KNOW RIGHT), and I am super proud of myself. I am coming up on 6 days clean now!
23. I take my health seriously, but I am NOT ashamed to share a banana split with Rachel, have a beer, or some fries.
24. I get an unexplainable high when I help others or do nice things for them.
25. I feel all emotions very deeply, but I can hide them all pretty well if needed.
26. I really enjoy words of wisdom, new strategies on how to take on challenges, advice from others, and gaining new knowledge on life in general.
I do love myself and I do accept myself for who I am. It took me a while to get to this point, but I am happy with where I am. Not everyone agrees with the things that I do, hell… some people wouldn’t dare to do the things that I do because they would get embarrassed or someone would ‘judge’ them. Well guess what, PEOPLE ARE GOING TO JUDGE YOU NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO!
I have actually learned a beautiful lesson lately. What others say about you is NONE of your business. I used to care what everyone thought about me. I used to NEED to know what was said, who said it, and when. I also needed to be in the loop with everything.
I can finally say that I have freed myself from that burden. I am so much happier too. I live my life with the beautiful people that are in it… the ones that love me. I wish that I could’ve learned this lesson sooner in life for the simple fact that it would have taken away so much anxiety and worrying. But hey, we learn something new everyday and I am just glad that I finally learned this lesson.
I have freed myself from the harsh reality of society. It is time for you to do the same. Accept yourself and most importantly LOVE yourself! At the end of the day, you are all you have. The number one person you should rely on in life is YOURSELF.
Go ahead and give yourself a big hug, you deserve it… you’re doing GREAT :)
What are your 26 things?