Between borderline eating disorders and fighting fatigue, somehow I managed to make it to where I am today. THAT is the part that did not happen over night. All of this takes time, but being healthy is something that I enjoy. The day that I decided to change my lifestyle is definitely the turning point of my life.
When I was going through my depression, fitness is what I turned to. I was running nearly 3x a day, and I loved it. Endorphins are a real thing-- they definitely kick in! My parents always tell me that they can tell when I have been working out consistently because my mood is so much more positive. When I was battling making fitness a priority in my life, you could definitely tell. My mom tells me that fitness will always have to be a part of my life because it is my happy place.
If I could do one thing, it would be to motivate just ONE person to live a healthier lifestyle. Just one person to tell me that because they read my story, they did not give up, that they pushed their hardest and overcame battles within themselves. You can overcome any obstacle with the correct mindset. Being healthy does not just mean you eat well and work out; it is a holistic practice. It means that you work towards bettering your mind, body, and spirit. You want to be the best YOU that you can be, and not just physically.
Obviously, yes… The physical progression pictures are wonderful to see, but the physical aspect isn’t the most important part. Being able to have confidence and LOVE yourself is the most important part. You should practice a holistic lifestyle because you love yourself, not because you hate yourself. Once you make health, fitness, and happiness a priority, everything will fall into place. I can’t tell you the amount of plans that I have altered, cancelled, or just denied because I had to go to the gym or I did not want to be tempted with unhealthy food options.
1. I have more confidence
2. I can lift heavy things
3. I have made new connections
4. My blog has become more popular
5. I feel good in my own skin
6. I live an all around healthier lifestyle
7. I WANT to eat healthy
8. I am better at planning/scheduling
9. I get better sleep at night
10. I trust my body more
11. I subconsciously make the ‘healthier’ choice
12. I have found my passion
13. I have learned to love myself
14. I don’t look down on others
15. I have more motivation and drive
16. I drink a ton of water
17. I smile a lot
18. I have more energy during the day
19. I have a regular sleep schedule
20. I have learned to push past my ‘limits’
21. I’ve learned to keep motivation, even when I feel I have been let down.
How does fitness make you feel?